Smith Gardens is hiring Seasonal Merchandisers!
Smith Gardens, the largest annual and perennial grower in the Pacific Northwest, has an exciting opportunity for seasonal merchandisers to join our team! We are hiring to fill part-time (16 to 24+ hours/week) seasonal merchandising positions to work in your local area big-box retail garden centers.
JOB FUNCTION: The Merchandiser is responsible for ensuring that the all merchandise is displayed appropriately with proper signage and favorable table placement. This includes check-in, setup, layout and modular guide execution, as well as the stocking, fronting, facing, rotating and culling of the product. Each Merchandiser will be assigned a store(s) that will be your responsibility to service and support.
• Clean, condense and organize all Smith Gardens product and racks.
• Remove unsellable merchandise from tables and dispose according to store policy.
• Put away new orders and restock displays.
• Ensure all product is signed correctly.
• Gains insight into sell through and inventory positions primarily through store visits.
• Execute approved merchandising plans, store layouts, and plan-o-grams
• Execute assigned sales plan and Key Performance Indicators for Customer and SGI.
• Stores are compliant with the Smith Gardens Merchandising Seven Point Checklist at all times.
• Promote the Smith Gardens brand image of excellence, consistency and professionalism as well as the brand image of assigned store. Help achieve our customers’ goal to be the garden center of choice for consumers.
• Communicate store and product conditions to on a regular basis.
• Project a professional image in stores at all times with a neat, professional look that always includes a Smith Gardens Logo shirt.
• Ensure Smith Gardens plants fully watered, assist as needed.
• Build and maintain positive business relationships with store associates and all levels of store management.
• Work as a team member with all Smith Garden staff, including customer service, delivery drivers and merchandisers.
• Interact with Smith Garden customers, competitors, and store customers in a courteous and professional manner.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Prior experience in nursery and bedding plants a plus.
• Must be able to drive to and from assigned stores.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and in writing, in person, and via phone or radio with all levels of customers and staff.
• Bilingual (Spanish) a plus, both verbal and written.
• Must have reliable transportation and current driver's license with auto insurance.
• Must have smartphone (iphone or android) with autofocusing camera
• Pushing and pulling fully loaded rolling delivery racks of product (approximate weight 300-500 lbs.)
• Pushing empty racks to side or back of building to be picked up.
• Leaning over tables and end caps to organize and stock product.
• Lifting and carrying flats of product to racks or tables through garden center (approximate weight 5-40 lbs.)
• Unloading delivery racks of plant material - flats, 1, 2 and 3 gallon product and planters and 5 gallon trees/shrubs.
• Moving point of purchase (POP) signs and fixtures.
• Lifting store fixtures, block, board, and empty pallets for building tables and displays.
Come Grow With Us!
The above is intended to describe the general content of and qualifications for the job. It is not an exhaustive statement of all functions, duties or qualifications.
Smith Gardens is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary