Smith Gardens, the largest annual and perennial grower in the Pacific Northwest, has an exciting opportunity for an Inventory Coordinator to join our team at our Aurora, OR, site!
The Inventory Coordinator is primarily responsible for monitoring inventory levels and accuracy through physical audits of crops and performs a variety of duties aimed at increasing inventory accuracy.
- Monitor orders from committed items report and batch list to ensure product available when needed for orders, downhaul or transferring to another facility.
- Count inventory, evaluate inventory and manipulate inventory ready dates in Great Plains daily based on sales demand, spec changes, and plant readiness.
- Review and update Ready Date Maintenance in Great Plains.
- Provide site location sheet of plants that need to be shipped and update corporate sale’s “PUSH/FOCUS LIST”.
- Evaluate plants based on sales demand and communicate plant availability.
- Review PO planner based on Great Plains availability and attend weekly PO planning meeting.
- Update Selecting Totals Location Sheets, usually emailed from Shipping Coordinator, on a daily basis, and update locations in GP
- Communicate with etGrow coordinator on any updates via picture and email on plant Spec.
- Identify issues and offer solutions between Picas and G.P. plant export reference numbers and transplant.
- Input and Verify transplant records based on plant total and package matrix, checking that pot, tag & UPC information is correct <
- Contact sales on order issues, offer options for resolving order issues, helping change orders, clear deallocations, and relaying order changes to Selecting and Staging.
- Take and download pictures of site 30 crops as avail or as requested for visual verification.
- Tracking of Dump records both by entering/verifying dump reports.
- Understand the process when a shortage or deallocation occurs, from changing staging tickets to adjusting availability
- Be able to travel to satellite facilities to count or manage inventory
- Be able to flag items with availability, dump flag, or Ad flag.
- Understand importance of Ad Items and Ad file. Review Ad Items and communicate items that may not make Ad date in a timely manner
- Perform other various tasks or work in other departments as necessary during slow shipping time of year.
- Verify integrity of Great Plains Data Program.
- Analyze and communicate crops that are saleable.
- Keep accurate count on daily inventory.
- Meet deadlines for customer PO process
- Evaluate plant quality and relay issues to growing team
- Evaluate daily committed items
- Communicating order issues to corporate sales team with possible solutions.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Comprehensive production knowledge
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skill
- Ability to communicate effectively and cross departmental
- Computer literate
- Data entry efficiency
- Problem solving
- Mathematical proficiency
- Takes initiative and works independently
- Positive attitude and work ethic
- Customer satisfaction oriented
- Basic Understanding of Lean Principles
- High school diploma
- Experience with MS Office Suite
- Experience in greenhouse or nursery environment preferred
- Plant knowledge preferred
- Work long hours as needed during busy season, including weekends.
- Work in both an office and warehouse environment.
- Work indoors and outdoors, in seasonal temperatures and conditions.
- Office environment, long hours sitting in front of a computer.
To apply, click on the link at the top of this job position. We look forward to hearing from you!
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including immediate PTO accrual, Medical, Dental and Vision after 30 days plus matching 401(k) and Company-Paid LTD after one year. Smith Gardens provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.